Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Nets v. Cavs Game 2

Notes from the first half:

I really miss Joe Tait's play-by-play, particularly his description of how a Digiorno pizza can go straight from your oven to your tummy.

The Cavs should be leading by more than 3, they've pretty much outplayed the Nets in nearly every significant category, other than capitalizing on opportunities, ie points from turnovers, which is exactly what is required to beat a team like the Pistons. This is not a new problem unfortunately. I think it's what stands in the way of the Cavaliers becoming a great, rather than good, team.

Sasha Pavlovic is really good at basketball. And a total dreamboat. The more defined his role becomes the better.

Defensively this game is strange, I kind of expect the Nets to get shut down in the sceond half. Carter is 2-11, but NJ is shooting 55%. I seriously doubt Mikki Moore will continue shooting 100% from the field.

LeBron, you need to make your free throws, even if you've just taken a shot to the junk. That's bush league. Oh, halftime's over...

After 3:

The Cavs are lucky right now, Kidd and Jefferson are putting up really solid performances, and Carter is starting to look good in the 2nd half. The foul shooting is awful, no one has been very effective offensively.

LeBron can win this game for us if he just takes over in the 4th, which he obviously could do right now. If he doesn't, it's a toss-up. Z and Gooden are rebounding, but not much else, and Hughes is putting together a classic 3-12 performance. It's all about King James.

Final:

Well, they pulled it out. Although the Nets collapsed in the last minutes as much as the Cavs took over. I'd really like to see us take one in NJ, and I think that will require a dominating performance. The Cavs are matching up against the Nets even better than I thought they would, so I'm not too concerned about the series, but I have yet to be instilled with any confidence for the finals. I'm not even talking about winning, I just mean making a series of it.

No comments: