Saturday, May 26, 2007

State of the Playoffs

The Jazz look out of their element. I think it's funny that the Spurs have somehow become villains this year, but the way they are gleefully shredding whatever the Jazz throw at them kind of supports that idea. I mean, they should be happy to be playing on a quality basketball team, but players such as Parker and Ginobili seem to be openly derisive of the competition. I find it kind of offensive to deliver a pass between a defender's legs unless said defender is a Washington General. I'm going to go ahead and call a sweep (probably to be proven wrong tonight, all my sports predictions of late have been horrible, whatever) but I attribute it more to Carlos Boozer's continued karmic punishment for dicking over Gordon Gund rather than a superior opponent.

What would the Cavs look like right now if Jim Paxon wasn't a complete idiot? I really despise being a Cleveland sports fan sometimes. All the times.

Anyhow, our Chevaliers. I'm not going to be a naysayer. Yet. Should we have won Game 2? Yes. Because of a non-call on a heavy contact play, that I can't bring myself to outright call a foul? (Unless it had been Dwayne Wade driving the lane. He's a prince among men! Did he set up a scholarship fund for the children of referees?) No. Because they were up 12 at the half! I won't go into it yet again, even though I love to bring it up, but when the Mike Brown era is over I believe my "told you so" will be implied at this point. Not that the hole Paxon dug prevents any kind of reasonable development for the remainder of LeBron's contract...I'm digressing.

Ok, I was supposed to be talking about why the Cavs are not yet done for. Because last year in the same position we ran off three straight W's, and I'm weirdly confident that if we manage that feat again we will succeed in closing out wily Detroit. I think this will be a series yet. Tomorrow's game I predict Cavs 91, Pistons 84. Oh, and if we were to make the Finals obviously the Cavs would top the Spurs, we went 2-0 against them this season! We've definitely have their number. Ahem.

As for the Tribe, another solid performance from Paul "Frasier" Byrd last night. (Dan, I'm now going to say it would be foolish to trade the Cobra) With CC on the mound today I'd call a sweep, if the Tigers weren't sending out Mike Maroth on Sunday, seemingly the biggest Indians killer since late 90's Garciaparra. Can my boy Fausto "Miles from Ordinary" Carmona break the trend? I think these next 10 days will prove how far this team has come. I'm already planning my late-October visit to Ohio...

No comments: