Wednesday, January 17, 2007

4 for 4

Wow. Just when I thought I couldn't be more excited for Webber (84) 's debut in the pistons/jazz game that
is currently 150 minutes from tip-off, BLOCKBUSTER 8 player deal, essentially, sending NEARLY ALL of
the indiana pacers for NEARLY ALL of the golden state warriors. Well, at least all of the white ones.
It's Troy Murphy and "Bay Area's Most Hated" Mike Dunleavy (plus, the jason maxiell of the warriors, Ike Diogu and the useless Keith Mcleod)
for Al Harrington and "My least favorite basketball player" Stephen Jackson (plus Sarunas Jasawhatever-is, and the useless Josh Powell). Wow. I will be very interested to see how each team reorganizes itself... quick thoughts: i hate stephen jackson.

3 comments:

Simon said...

Trades like these confuse me. I want to make some joke about how it would be more cost effective to switch team names rather than make a whole bunch of new jerseys but that is just because I cannot wrap my head around the consequences.

Jackson is a bad person but has a sweet shot. Presumably the trade was to move the bad-man Jackson out of the wholesome midwest to a coast where fans will be more accepting of his persona.

An odd side note to this trade. I read that since GS has so many injured players (only 6 healthy men on the roster), they are at risk of FORFEITING the game tonight unless they find two bums off the street (or some 10 day contract players) to suit up for them. Anyone know anyone in LA who could play ball?

Also, I love this blog too.

Simon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simon said...

As I scroll down, I notice that Pheobe already made the joke about the team names. Well done.