Wednesday, January 17, 2007

tonight we're gonna play ball like it's 1984 !!!

Don't look for any tricky symbolism or convoluted numerical messages as to why Chris Webber is wearing No. 84. This one came courtesy of Webber's 7-year old nephew, Colten Henney-Webber. "I called him and told him I might be coming home to Detroit to play for the Pistons," Webber said. "He said, 'What jersey are you going to wear?' I told him I couldn't wear No. 4 because Joe Dumars is the man and you can't wear No. 4 for the Pistons." Jersey No. 4, which Webber has worn since college, is retired and hanging in The Palace rafters. "My nephew said, 'Get No. 84,' " Webber said. "He said, 'Get a pencil and write it down -- 84 is your jersey.' Then his mother got on the phone and told me he had a dream that I was here playing and wearing No. 84. We won the game he dreamed about, so, I am wearing No. 84." -AP

No comments: