Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Golden State... Pacers?

This trade is huge! Oh my god. I will leave the proclamations about what's going to happen and why to others, but: I am a big fan of Dunleavy and will be sad to see him go, unlike pretty much every other resident of the nebulous "Golden State" allegiance region. But it obviously wasn't working for him here and everyone hates him, and they boo and shriek whenever he misses a shot or a rebound, so I wish him a fond farewell and a better reception in Indiana. TMurph, as we call him, is awesome, and they are lucky to have him, with or without his face mask. And bye-bye Diogu and McLeod, who I don't care about.

From MSN:

News: Coach Nelson had some choice words after Mike Dunleavy's big game Monday against the Mike Dunleavy Sr.-coached Clippers
Impact: "He must have wanted to impress his father," Nelson said. "I wish he was trying to impress me the last 40 games." Cantankerous as always, Nelson's comments didn't exactly disguise his feelings for the younger Dunleavy. Expect his trade to the Clippers for Corey Maggette to be consumated shortly.

Ha. Poor Dunleavy.

I don't know much about the guys we're getting. They don't sound too exciting, and Jackson doesn't sound like a very nice dude. Biedrins and Monta are monsters, and I'm not interested in seeing Monta's time get bumped back. What I'm wondering is how they're going to have enough players tonight if they're not going to play the Indiana-bound guys, because there are multiple injuries. What an exciting basketball day, this Warriors shakeup and the impending debut of Webber at the Palace!

1 comment:

datageneral said...

This trade bodes well (I think) for the Cavs' chances against GS on Saturday. Or maybe not. There is no team in the NBA I'm less familiar with than the Warriors. Maybe NO/OK.

I just don't know where Golden State is.