Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Don Nelson and Matt Barnes: more than just basketball?

Some strong feelings between Warriors coach and recently-benched small forward:

"I was mad at him [Matt Barnes]," Nelson said. "He's played like four (crappy) games in a row. I just wanted to slap him and figured that was the way to do it -- just not play him in a game."

Nelson said he scolded Barnes because "I need him and love him," and the coach can expect an improved Barnes when he returns to the rotation.

-------------------

Also, Jason "Future of the Pistons" Maxiell plays UNO,
and more, in this hard-hitting interview:

Q. What pop do you like?
A. I'm into Mug root beer.

Q. Favorite card game?
A. I'm into UNO.
Q. I don't think that's what the guys play on the plane.
A. No, it isn't. They're playing spades or whatever. But I'm not into that.
Q. Maybe you should bring some UNO cards with you the next road trip, see if you can get them to play with you.
A. I should, totally. I think they would love to play UNO with me. It's a good game.

Q. Favorite book as a kid?
A. "Of Mice and Men."
Q. That's not exactly a kids' book.
A. I know, I don't even know how I found it, really. But I just loved it. Just read it over and over.

No comments: