Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm watching the Knicks-Kings game now, and am getting ready to watch the Pistons. It's nice to have all these games in the middle of the day today. The Knicks game is close and exciting in the fourth quarter, and they look so GOOD, which leads nicely into one of my main NBA topics: why are the Knicks so BAD? I just don't get it, because so many of them are so good. I don't want to get into it now - tie game, 37 seconds left! - but I think this is an interesting question that is nowhere near as simple as some people seem to think it is.

Will Chris Webber be at the Pistons game today? Probably, and I'm sure that's all they'll be talking about. I'm going to leave the main discussion of this to those who are more qualified than I am, but my first reaction: I'm very nervous. I know that at some level Jake thinks Webber is a born loser, I hate Flip Saunders, Tayshaun gets lazy (maybe he's tired because of his new baby!), Sheed is mentally unstable... I don't honestly feel this negative about them, but I'm nervous.

Knicks win, Jamal Crawford was tremendous, Pistons commentators are singing Flip Murray's praises.

2 comments:

Simon said...

Sheed's mental instability should not be a problem this year. He is still a happy nutball - unlike in the past. The pistons have done a world of good for him.

As for why the Knicks are so bad - it is a question that I have often pondered myself. I have been operating under the assumption that the problem lies in the collection of guards that they have amassed - spoiled, underachieving, arrogant guards - all of whom want to run the show their way and none of whom, I imagine, can stand each other. The solution is to pick a direction and trade all of the players who don't fit in with that direction for role players with less raw talent. David Lee is the future of the Knicks not Stephen Marbury.

Simon said...

Additionally - the knicks are a single game out of first place in the east. They might suck but they could easily be a playoff team. (though not if Jason Kidd's pending divorce continues to elevate his play).